The Guinea Piggyn World

HomeHome  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Guinea Pig Tricks

Go down 
AuthorMessage
hamsterhaven

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Guinea Pig Tricks   Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:45 pm

When I got my Guinea Pig, I could not wait to teacg him some new tricks, but first I had to let him settle in.
This morning I noticed him standing up on 2 feet in his cage, I rememered reading that you could teach them the trick where you tell them to stand up, them give them a treat.
In half a day I have learnt him to do this, I say to him 'stand' and he stands up on 3 feet, then I give him carrot.
I have half done the circle trick- he can do it really fast.
When I teach him a trick, I use different foods, eg: when I want him to stand, I use a carrot, then when I want him to do a circle I use some grass.
I want to teach him the paw trick, but I need some help on how to do so. If anyone can give any advise then that would be great! He is very smart and can get a bit excited!
Also, if anyone has any other tricks they know of- please post them cus he (and me) enjoys the fun and excercise.
If I have done anything wrong can someone please point it out cus I want him to be as healthy as possible!
Thanks!
HamsterHaven.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3Piggles

Number of posts : 316

PostSubject: Re: Guinea Pig Tricks   Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:58 pm

You haven't done anything wrong, but you haven't really taught him any tricks, either. Dogs can be taught tricks because they want to please people. Cats can be made to do certain things at certain times by giving them the right signal, if they feel like doing it. Guinea pigs do what they want to do. They can be incredibly cute. Just wait and watch. If they appear to be learning a trick, they're really figuring the easiest way to get the treat. Don't give up. Trying to train can be a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1182

PostSubject: Re: Guinea Pig Tricks   Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:32 pm

hamsterhaven wrote:
When I got my Guinea Pig, I could not wait to teacg him some new tricks, but first I had to let him settle in.
This morning I noticed him standing up on 2 feet in his cage, I rememered reading that you could teach them the trick where you tell them to stand up, them give them a treat.
In half a day I have learnt him to do this, I say to him 'stand' and he stands up on 3 feet, then I give him carrot.
I have half done the circle trick- he can do it really fast.
When I teach him a trick, I use different foods, eg: when I want him to stand, I use a carrot, then when I want him to do a circle I use some grass.
I want to teach him the paw trick, but I need some help on how to do so. If anyone can give any advise then that would be great! He is very smart and can get a bit excited!
Also, if anyone has any other tricks they know of- please post them cus he (and me) enjoys the fun and excercise.
If I have done anything wrong can someone please point it out cus I want him to be as healthy as possible!
Thanks!
HamsterHaven.
Hahahaha, how cute mine also stands up in two paws and that's very sweet. I would love to see your piggy doing all those funny things in a video wehave a section for piggy videos in the forum visit Here to learn more about tricks or entertainment for your piggy read Here

Machito Pulguita Osito Cenizo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hamsterhaven

PostSubject: Re: Guinea Pig Tricks   Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:20 am

Thanks both!
I have a video on my phone of him doing so, but don't know how to upload it. See what I can do Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3Piggles

Number of posts : 316

PostSubject: Re: Guinea Pig Tricks   Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:39 pm

Hehehe, he probably has a vid on his phone, too, of his cavy slave jumping through hoops to get him to do a trick, lol. I'm sure he's really cute when he does it. My LG dances with her front feet when she's excited, and she's just too cute for words when she does that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1182

PostSubject: Re: Guinea Pig Tricks   Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:53 pm

hamsterhaven wrote:
Thanks both!
I have a video on my phone of him doing so, but don't know how to upload it. See what I can do Smile
You can upload your phone's pictures/videos b using the factory cable/USB that it brought in order to connect it to the computer. What type of phone you have?

Machito Pulguita Osito Cenizo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hamsterhaven

PostSubject: Re: Guinea Pig Tricks   Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:25 pm

A Nokia.
Last years make, not sure on the details, cus I wasn't the one that bought it. Sad
The vids about 30 secs long, but its got my voice all over it and I'm sure you don't want to hear that!
Can you teach a GP to fetch a ball?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hamsterhaven

PostSubject: Re: Guinea Pig Tricks   Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:27 pm

My Guinea Pig is always popcorning, at first when I did not kow much about them I thought he had something wrong with him!
But I love him to bits and I give him as much floor time as I can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guinea Pig Tricks   

Back to top Go down

Guinea Pig Tricks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Guinea Piggyn World :: 
Cavy Topics
 :: Cavy Entertainment
-