The Guinea Piggyn World

HomeHome  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

He won't eat his special chew treats? Will his teeth be ok?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1182

PostSubject: He won't eat his special chew treats? Will his teeth be ok?   Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:06 pm

Your cavy does not need any pet store items for his teeth to be in proper size and alignment. Honestly I do not buy any treats from pet stores, because I need to be aware of the sugars, colored ingredients and other components. I recommend fresh hay everyday, it helps with the alignment of teeth and helps their digestive system to work properly and keep clean. Therefore, my advise to you will be to provide you cavy carrots, every 2-3 days, because carrots contain too much vitamin A and it may cause liver problems if provided in an excessive way. You might also want to give your guinea pig some sort of wood for example a little piece of wood from an apple tree, before feeding it to your cavy please wash it and check on it 2-3 times before feeding it to your piggy to make sure there's no bird poop, or any insects, they might hurt your piggy's health.

Machito Pulguita Osito Cenizo
Back to top Go down
View user profile

He won't eat his special chew treats? Will his teeth be ok?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1