The Guinea Piggyn World

HomeHome  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Ducks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bandit

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Ducks   Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:25 am

I really love ducks. They're my 2nd fav. pet (along with chickens) next to cats. So I was wondering does anyone else have one as a pet? Or wished they had. Some ppl think I'm crazy and poke fun at me having ducks but I think they're awesome pets and are very loyal, obedient, not stubborn, interesting, inquistive, adorable, and intellient. What more could you want in a pet? lolz. Currently I've got 14 living in my bedroom and 9 out in my backyard so that makes 23 (omg LOST # lolz) I never planned on that tho..All but one (Dill) is leavin my room soon. I'm gonna miss em in there but its been hecktic. I've had to duck proof teh whole room and they of course poo everywhere so I have to put down newspaper. The entire room is covered in duck feathers and dust also. Overall 14 in small bedroom = trouble Razz

Dill my imprinted pekin duck (all mine are pekin btw) is awesome! She thinks Im her mom since she's imprinted. She has learned more tricks than all my dogs combined I reckon. She knows Stay, come, wanna treat?, her name (she learned her name when she was 2 days old), SHUT UP , fetch, and loads more, she also understands whatever im saying.
She wears a diaper, a bib when shes eating, a scrutchy as a collar, sleeps in my bed, takes a shower with me nearly everyday, rides in teh car with us, go outdoors when i do, follows me everywhere cuz shes imprinted, she cries for me when i leave her outdoors alone, is friends with my cat and a few other pets of mine, etc.

I want 3 call ducks named Aaron (male and white i think) Austin (male, gray) and Cindy (female, butterscotch), 1 black female indie runner duck, and 3 chickens as well- white bearded silkie bantam named Chance, 1 belgian bearded d'uccle mille fleur colored bantam, and a sebright bantam (not sure on coloring, gold or silver?).

Wellp think thats all ive gota say bout ducks/chickies Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://s15.invisionfree.com/Menagerie
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1182

PostSubject: Re: Ducks   Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:33 am

AWWW, how cute I wish my piggies will do those things. Although, I noticed one of my boars (males) likes to lick my hand and when he sees me or my husband he starts to wheeeehheeekkkk! wwhhheeekk! it is very cute. I wish I could see some pics of your pets.

Machito Pulguita Osito Cenizo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Ducks   Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:03 am

I know. As soon as I finish my math course (I'm homeschooled) my Dad said he'll let me pick pics to post on my sites. So prolly within 2 wks :D
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Ducks   Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:07 am

Wow! homeschooled, that's fun I was going to college but, things went wrong and I had to drop out now Im waiting for a call to enroll in other college. I will see try to see if I can get a degree for vet assistant or anything that has to do with animals.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Ducks   Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:36 am

I want to work with animals as well but I dont want to be a vet or vet assistant or anything like that but something to do with animals is really the only thing I can think of to do when I grow up...
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Ducks   Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:38 am

Well yeah you still have more time, you're only 15.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Ducks   Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:06 am

Almost 16 actually. My b-day is April 2nd. Meh, I wanna stay 15.

Anyway...I'm having alot of duckie dilemas lol. This is copy & pasted from another site.
Ok, so I sorta need to rant because there's only one other time in my life I've felt so confused. On May 18th, 19th, and 20th 13 ducklings hatched bc one of my ducks had a nest we didnt know bout till it was too late. So in teh beginning it was all fine and dandy and I had loads of fun with teh 13 of them. I immediately put them in my room (Dill wasnt too happy bout that) and for the next month & a 1/2 or so I thought I was teh luckiest person in teh world for having so many adorable ducklings to play with. But then they started moulting, getting their adult feathers in. Dust and feathers covered the room (and still do) and thats where the trouble started. With each month that went by they became even more uncontrollable mess wise and I feel that I'm enslaved by ducks.

So here's the prob. What do I do? My room is completly destroyed. I have to get new floor, have the walls painted, they ruined tons of my stuff no mattter how hard I tryed to duck proof teh place..not to mention killing most my plants. it'll take forever to clean teh room but most of all I dont know what to do with them. I love them alot, srsly. But I cant even sleep in my room anymore for my health. I'm allergic to ducks so it was bad enough with Dill alone in my room and now I've got 14 in all in there and the dust/feathers are unbelieveable.
So bottom line: they have to leave my room BUT I cant just throw them outside cuz they get eaten by racoons/foxes and who knows what other animals. Also they cost tons to feed and ive got 23 ducks in all to feed, not to mention wild ones that come so my parents wont quit fussing to me bout the stupid money. So like I think I'll have to put them outside and let them run loose in the backyard during day, at nite pen them up till i can find homes for them with my "duck ppl". Yet theres still a prob cuz my dad wont build a pen and i couldnt to save my life...

Why most things be so difficult? I'm confused, angry, upset, nervous, fusterated, + inexpliable feelings I cant even explain..seems like someone would explode with so many emotions. I just really really dont wanna get rid of my ducks. I've let them destroy my things and bedroom for over 7 months and then I have to simply give them anyway? I'd rather give away some of the outdoor ducks instead but my folks won't hear of that. They dont understand how difficult this is. I just want to be free...

So I'll keep Will, Chris, Claire, another girl, and of course Dill and give away the rest I guess. I just dont know how I'll part with teh rest. Another concern of mine is the other pets in my room sides teh ducks. Theo, my syrian is making a clicky noise which def. isnt good. She has allergies to things like me but I dont think this is a allergie. I hope she has a cold bc if she doesnt its most likely a respiratory infection which isnt curable. And if the ducks caused it there *will* be retribution.

Alright, end of rant. It didnt really help me sort out what I'm going to do but I suppose it made me feel better all teh same.
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Ducks   Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:13 am

Well, it is very sad to hear that. Can you build them a little house outdoors? Playwood is very considerable. where areyou located?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Ducks   Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:27 am

I live in southern US where there's lots of raccoons and other predators so you have to have a shed for them cuz raccoons are very smart and can get into just about anything. Some ppl have to have locks on their sheds as well because the raccoons can open the door.

I want my Dad to bulid a pen to put them in at night till I can find good homes for them with chicken wire (or something stronger) and plywood but he just keeps saying that I just need to find them homes..but i need them out asap.
I've found a good home for the 2 girls I'm giving away but my parents wont call them and i dont really know what to say. i guess they're gonna give directions to their house but i'm not good at taking directions.
And I cant find any homes for the guys yet bc most ppl would rather have females.
ugh..this is so fusterating.
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Ducks   Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:30 am

Calm down! because things are going to get harder if you don't try to calm down. Try to convince your dad to do the pen. Can you work? maybe you can get a part-time and save enough money to build the pen for them.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Ducks   Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:45 am

We have money for teh pen but every1's like whereever the pen is located it will kill the grass (bc they dig around in the ground and eat the grass roots). And it has to be right next to the porch so I can look out and make sure they're alright and so our lab can see if predators are coming and bark. But whenever I bring up building a pen they all change the subject to how its my fault for bringing them in in the 1st place.. which is completly beside the point and anyway what choice did I have? The only money prob is how much they eat and how expensive their food is..
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Ducks   Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:51 am

Im so sorry to hear that. Sad well the sad thing is that we always have to do and say what our parents say even if we think it is not fair. I know how to feel, because if I had to give away my piggies I would die or leave with them. Can you give them to a close friend of yours? that way you can see them whenever you want?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Ducks   Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:58 am

Yeah, I can give them to ppl I know online from duck forums. That's what I'm trying to do with the 2 females. That way I know they're going to a good home where they'll be happy and spolied. Plus, I'll be able to see pics & maybe even visit 'em :D
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Ducks   Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:07 am

That's good, but at the same time sad. I hope I would help you out, but there's nothing I can do except advises. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Ducks   Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:47 am

Still no luck with the ducks but I finally got my Dad to comprehend that the sooner he calls the person that wants them the sooner they're outta my room Rolling Eyes He said yesterday that I never told him that there was a person who wanted 2 and if I did tell him I didnt give him the phone #. He's got memory problems obvisiously cuz I've talked about it like every day for 2 wks now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ducks   

Back to top Go down

Ducks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1