The Guinea Piggyn World

HomeHome  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Hihi, I'm new here

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
3Piggles

Number of posts : 316

PostSubject: Hihi, I'm new here   Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:43 am

Hi, My name is Laurie, and I have three piggles (hence the name), Zippy-a neutered boar, Harlequin (Harley and Little Girl)-my Abby, and Fudgy Momma-my going blind older girl. Zippy is my baby, as I got him as a bub, and we've been thick as thieves ever since. He's going on 4, I think, I have to check to be sure. I got him from a pet store. Momma and Little Girl (because the rescue lady was told they were mother and daughter) came from a local rescue after the woman who ran the rescue saw my set up for Zippy and the late but beloved Dallas angel . I had to agree to foster them to keep hub from going through the roof about me getting two more piggies. Now he loves Momma something wicked, and wouldn't part with her for anything, lol. We don't know the girls' ages, and the vet said they're in such good condition, he can't put an age on them.
Momma is going blind, so I always say what I'm going to do, so she won't be caught unaware. She's still my most adventurous piggy, and loves to jump, so she has to be restrained until she's within a decent distance from the floor.
Zippy is my roamer, and once went to the other end of the house, investigating, about 40 feet from where we were having floor time. When I realized I couldn't find him, I started to panic, and called him. My voice must have told him I was upset, as he came running from the office, calling to me to tell me he was all right. He always has to show me everything he finds, and tell me all about it.
Little Girl is my lion piggy, currently. She just had two masses removed from her mammory area, and was shaved, so she is a skinny pig from butt to shoulders, then she has a glorious mane of Abby hair. She's my lovy little shy girl, who likes to play hard to get, but loves to be cuddled.
I'm sure I'll like this forum, and I hope I can help with little questions anyone might have. I'm working on a book about keeping piggies on a budget, and will share as many ideas as I can. I'm also computer illiterate, but will try to post piccies, so you can meet my gang. angel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1182

PostSubject: Re: Hihi, I'm new here   Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:00 am

Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your stay. The gallery is open for every pet picture you want to upload you can post other than cavies if you like.

Machito Pulguita Osito Cenizo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bandit

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: Hihi, I'm new here   Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:52 pm

Hi, Laurie. Welcome to TGPW. Your cavies sound aborable.
Hope you have fun here!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://s15.invisionfree.com/Menagerie
janlux

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Hihi, I'm new here   Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:31 am

Hello Laurie Wink

Welcome to the forum Wink

Hugs
-Jan-
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.r-janlux.com